My research focuses on digital platform policies and platform governance questions. I am deeply interested in understanding the impact of policy changes by platforms on all sides. I believe that quantifying both intended and unintended consequences of such policy changes help platforms to govern better. Some of my ongoing research intends to understand:
- How to enable interactions between viewers and content on Smart-Linear TVs.
- How banning food delivery platforms’ untested growth strategies can impact restaurants’ choices.
- How enabling free-floating tradability of platform specific digital tokens can backfire.
- What happens when an online marketplace discloses sellers’ physical location.
- How data protection regulations can alter consumers’ purchasing behavior.
Research Focus: Platform Self Regulation, Platform Governance, Information Privacy
Methodology: Econometrics, ML (Deep Learning), Textual Analysis, Field Experiments