My research focuses on digital platform policies and the impact of policy changes on all sides of the platform. My dissertation research investigates the impact of platform policy changes that reduce the imbalance between different sides of an online platform. Some of my ongoing research include:
- Tackling “over-seeking” sensitive user information on mobile platforms such as Android.
- Enabling interactions between content providers and viewers on Smart TVs.
- Quantifying the consequences of regulatory interventions as a reaction to platform policies.
- Studying the impact of enabling redeemability of platform specific transaction tokens.
- Studying the heterogenous effects of information disclosure in an online marketplace.
Research Focus: Platform Self Regulation, Information Privacy, Asymmetric Information
Methodology: Econometrics, ML (Deep Learning), Textual Analysis, Field Experiments